This policy is effective as of October 11, 2010
YOU AGREE THAT PUBLIC ENGINES MAY SHARE ANY AND ALL INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS PUBLIC ENGINES COLLECTS FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PUBLIC ENGINES SERVICES (OTHER THAN YOUR PASSWORD) WITH PARTICIPATING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES AND/OR PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICIALS FOR THE PURPOSES OF FACILITATING CITIZEN DIALOG, INFORMATION EXCHANGE, RESPONDING TO EMERGENCIES, AND OTHER OFFICIAL USES, AND YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO SUCH DISCLOSURES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT PUBLIC ENGINES TO DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY PUBLIC ENGINES SERVICES.
- Information PublicEngines Gathers and Tracks. PublicEngines collects two kinds of information about visitors:
a. Personal Information. When you register for an account, voluntarily provide health information, request a service or information, place an order, submit feedback, post information onto your public profile, or participate in a forum or survey, we may need to ask you for personal information such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, along with other information you may wish to provide for effective use of the PublicEngines Services ('User Information').
c. Tip Service. For PublicEngines' anonymous tip submission services, PublicEngines uses industry standard encryption and delivery routines to provide security and anonymity of the information being submitted. Unless you expressly provide it, no identifying information is collected or recorded by PublicEngines through this online submission transaction.
- How We Use Your Information. By providing your Information to us, you consent to our use of your Information in the following ways as applicable:
· to provide you the PublicEngines Services;
· to provide information that you request;
· to create your account;
· to allow you to join a group;
· to indicate to other users that you are registered with certain groups and/or have completed various activities;
· to share with law enforcement agencies and/or public safety officials for the purposes of facilitating citizen dialog, information exchange, responding to emergencies, and other official uses
· to share with service providers as necessary to provide the services you request;
· to combine with or enhance information provided by third parties for marketing purposes;
· to contact you, respond to your inquiries, and send you information;
· to notify you of services that we believe may be of interest to you;
· to analyze, manage and improve the PublicEngines Services;
· to notify you of important new changes to the PublicEngines Services;
· to help us diagnose problems with our server or other technical issues relating to the performance of the PublicEngines Services; or
· for other purposes required for compliance with applicable laws.
- Security. We use commercially reasonable security procedures to protect the information you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure. However, your email transmissions and/or other communications containing User Information may be unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties and/or the PublicEngines Services may be subject to hostile network attacks or administrative errors. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Even after we receive your User Information, we cannot guarantee that your User Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of our commercially reasonable efforts or as a result of any other event beyond our reasonable control. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Information is completely secure and safe from such risks. For the avoidance of doubt, WE expressly disclaim any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, with respect to ensuring, guaranteeing or otherwise offering any definitive promise of security in connection with your user Information or Usage Information.
- Privacy Protections for Children. The PublicEngines Services are not directed at children. Therefore, we do not wish to receive, nor do we knowingly collect, personal information from minors. We expressly request that no child under the age of 13 use the PublicEngines Services or provide any information.
- Linked Sites. The PublicEngines Services may link to other web sites not controlled by PublicEngines. Although we try to be careful in the selection of our strategic service and technology partners, we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites, and you acknowledge and agree that any use of such other web sites is entirely at your own risk. You should carefully review the privacy and security practices of the other web sites before you provide such web sites with any of your personal information.
- Disclosure of Your Information.
- YOU AGREE THAT PUBLIC ENGINES MAY SHARE ANY AND ALL INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS PUBLIC ENGINES COLLECTS FROM YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PUBLIC ENGINES SERVICES (OTHER THAN YOUR PASSWORD) WITH PARTICIPATING LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES AND/OR PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICIALS FOR THE PURPOSES OF FACILITATING CITIZEN DIALOG, INFORMATION EXCHANGE, RESPONDING TO EMERGENCIES, AND OTHER OFFICIAL USES, AND YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO SUCH DISCLOSURES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT PUBLIC ENGINES TO DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY PUBLIC ENGINES SERVICES.
- For certain PublicEngines Services, some elements of User Information are made available to other users (e.g., if you publish information to your public profile); however, in such cases you will be able to choose different levels of privacy via your account settings (e.g., members in your neighborhood group may have different access levels than other users of the services). If you publish information to a forum (if a forum feature is made available by Public Engines), that information will be public.
- We may share general activity information relating to use of the PublicEngines Services by various users, to indicate to other users that such activities are taking place. For example, various features may indicate to others (using first name, last initial) that you have signed up, joined a group, or earned a badge. Such features may also indicate an agency which has received an anonymous tip.
- We may share your Information with third party service providers to provide you with the PublicEngines Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of Accounts; or to provide technical support. These third party service providers are required not to use your Information other than to provide the services requested by PublicEngines. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Information with our service providers for the sole purpose of providing services to you.
- We may disclose your Information when we have reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, customers or other users of the PublicEngines Services, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities, or is appropriate or necessary to enforce our rights, take precautions against liability, investigate and defend against any third-party claims or allegations, and/or protect the security or integrity of the PublicEngines Site.
- We may disclose your Information to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws
- We may disclose your Information with your consent.
- Also, in the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your User Information is treated, transferred, or used and your User Information may be included in the transferred assets.
- We may use your Usage Information to identify and develop products and services that may be of interest to you and we may send you information about special offers, products, services, programs, promotions, surveys, publications, invitations or other opportunities from ourselves or our Partners that may be of interest to certain demographic groups. We do not sell your User Information to third parties.